Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I like that I did this at work

Cause now I feel like I'm getting paid to write. It's funny how life works. I was feeling all jazzed about my little affair and as quickly and intensely as it began it ended. That's because boys are stupid. Not just in a general superficial men are from mars way, but they are taught to be boys and not men. This society isn't formed to build adults. Our parents are so busy trying to retain the youth they've built entire industries around that our adulthood was never considered because it would mean they had to age. And more than age, they'd have to mature to a point where they would be forced to look at themselves and see their errors contextually and take responsibility for them. Maybe I'm talking out of my ass or only of my personal experience, but I have a ton of friends whose parents are like big children. Emotionally retarded adults or immature children. It's a mess.

I say all that to say that I tend to gravitate toward men who have a certain boyishness in their behavior that I find attractive until it's annoyingly short term and immature. Artist types tend to be like this. It's the nature of the beast. I'm immature too, so I can call it because I'm familiar with it. I was raised by immature people.

No comments: