Wednesday, November 7, 2007

N word- Balls!!!!

I just got an email from my friends re: Nas’s new album and how it’s called “the N word” or something like that. This sparked the conversation about this infamous N word (which is the most ridiculous euphamism I’ve ever heard). This is what I think about that part…..
They can bury the word “nigger” all they want. I’m gonna use it. It might not be right, but I don’t care. Why aren't we burying “patriarchy” or “white supremacy”. I’ll get a fancy hat for those funerals. Those words are murderous systems. The so-called N word is an ugly noun. It has no power other than taking our eyes off the prize and keeping us focused on things not going to help us systematically change our environments. So f the n word.

As long as we’re focusing our energies on Jesse Jackson’s bullshit, we won’t get to the point of any real movement and continue to practice civil rights movement protests and effigies in the technological age. That’s like buying a rotary cell phone. It’s analog behavior in a digital age. Marches, picket signs, sit-in’s wearing black in solidarity (which was easy for me- I live in NYC… nobody noticed). This simulacrum of progress is a more detrimental exercise than being an unarmed black man anywhere on these shores.

No comments: