Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Paris 1

I love this town. I love everything about it.

Yesterday I sat at Café Flore where Baldwin finished Go Tell it on the Mountain and where he had his infamous falling out with Richard Wright. I had a glass of wine for Jimmy. Then had several more for myself. We went to Bar and had several more glasses of champagne. I talked to some locals- in French (I'm apparently fluent with a little wine in me).

Earlier in the day we'd gone to Notre Dame and Museé d'Orsay. I'm more Manet than Monet people and I can finally tell the difference. I also got to see the strokes on the Van Gogh's and he was totally dropping his basket.

We walked around St. Germaine de Pres and it's mad expensive and cool as hell though. I have to find a way to live here. I haven't done much writing, but when my traveling companions leave me tomorrow I'll have more time.

Right now they went to the Folies Bergere to do a little Josephine Baker hunting. I'm going to meet them at the Louvre in a little bit and we have a salon to attend tonight.

I love Paris.

No comments: