Friday, August 29, 2008

Wine

Ya know, wine is the same all over the world. Some wine is better than other wine. Some wine you have to spit back in the glass and lick your tongue out a few times to get the idea of it out of you head.

But not in Paris. You can buy wine from the grocery store and it's delicious. You know how I know. Well padawan, I know cause I've done it. I've walked that line and came out ahead. I also eat seafood when everyone else is shaking their heads and threatening not to take care of airplane shrimp's vomitous return. I'm a risk taker.

But buying and drinking grocery store wine for 5 euros is not a risk. The French drink wine all the time. It would be cost prohibitive of them as a culture to make wine unaffordable. I'm an American. Our beer is cheap. That's why we all weigh almost 200lbs each. But beer is delicious and after being in Copenhagen where there's the delicious Carlsburg (and little else) I saw the detriments of beer.

1.) You don't get drunk. Unless you purposely go in on an empty stomach. Then you get really drunk, really fast and sick a second after you realize you're drunk. No Fun.

2.) All the clothes I packed shrank in my suitcase after a few nights of beer. I wasn't going to bootcamp and spin class. I was walking around one of the dullest towns I'd ever seen to go present a paper to people who were rolling around in the ground in newspaper. Then it rained and was cold and beer doesn't warm you up.

3.) And this is one I learned at home by living over a bar. Beer drunk makes me evil and sleepy.

Therefore, the world should be made out of wine. And whisky. Cause wine makes you go to sleep and whisky makes you forget all the bad things you did to your friends when you drank it.

Wine is great.

No comments: