Tuesday, February 24, 2009

That's it Heroes

I quit you. Like my 6th grade boyfriend. Only he said it before me when I called to tell him so he really quit me (which was humiliating cause he was in the 5th grade).

I’ve watched this show since it's first episode and when everyone else was done with you I persevered. When Hiro was in 16th century Japan, I still gave it a chance. When they kept introducing characters I liked that died 2 episodes later (usually thanks to Sylar) or just never come back (Micah and his entire family) and storylines that went nowhere FOR A WHOLE SEASON (Villians).

But now, I’m tired. I already have to choose between Heroes and 24 for the time slot. I am blessed with not only superior intelligence, but also a DVR, so I can watch 24 later and rid myself of all those pesky commercials. But now I’m apparently a 24 woman all the way. I’ve even read the spoilers for Heroes so I can see if there's any hope and the one glimmer is the same thing that's kept me here this long.

SYLAR. If it wasn't for him, I’d have been gone a long time ago. He’s the only one who has both retained his initial character and grown. Everyone else seems to have amnesia. Really, you guys have powers and know what each of you can do. This season has been so full of petty concerns and squabbles, people getting powers, losing powers, acting as if their powers are way weaker than they really are. It’s frustrating when Parkman won't just create illusions to escape or search for information. It’s frustrating that Mohindar is still keeping secrets when he knows what's going on and they've all been rounded up for containment. It’s ridiculous that all Peter can do is fly when he's been around both Parkman and Mohindar and could also take their powers, why wouldn't he? What the fuck is up with Claire and her super heroics. She used to be smarter than this.

Everyone used to be smarter than they are now... except Sylar. He’s getting smarter by the day and not just because of more powers, but because he's integrated his experiences into his personality and he grows. He seeks out new information, not standing around asking the same questions of the same people or not asking and going off all half cocked (PETER!). So Heroes when you get your shit together you'll get me back. When people aren't being retarded.

No comments: